- The holly and the ivy, when they are both full grown,
- Of all the trees that are in the wood, the holly bears the crown.
- Oh, the rising of the sun and the running of the deer,
- The playing of the merry organ, sweet singing in the choir.
- The holly bears a blossom as white as lily flower,
- And Mary bore sweet Jesus Christ to be our sweet Saviour
- The holly bears a berry as red as any blood,
- And Mary bore sweet Jesus Christ to do poor sinners good.
- The holly bears a prickle as sharp as any thorn,
- And Mary bore sweet Jesus Christ on Christmas Day in the morn.
- The holly bears a bark as bitter as any gall,
- And Mary bore sweet Jesus Christ for to redeem us all.
This isn’t my favorite Christmas song or anything, rather I’m putting it on my blog because my husband said all I had to do to make my IV tree festive is wrap some holly around it and then I could have The Holly and The I.V. Har.har.har.
Anyway, brief update on baby Mac. I’m 17 weeks three days, baby is growing really well (as far as we can tell by palpitating the uterus, we have an in-depth ultrasound scheduled for Dec. 22), and while my weight loss is still continuing, it has slowed down some. (I’m at 25 lb. from my pre-pregnancy weight, with all things baby being about 5-7 pounds of extra weight that I didn’t have then.) I am back on IV fluids every day, because we’re hoping that just keeping my body more hydrated will allow me to start actually gaining weight. 23 weeks left of this pregnancy if I go all the way to 40 (though that’s unlikely, I would guess I’d have a C-section around 38 weeks), and they want me to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight at least. I really don’t see that happening.
Food intake is a little bit better, protein in any shape/form/consistency is really difficult for me to digest still. I have been forcing myself to eat more protein, which will hopefully also help with the moderate-to-severe hypoglycemia I have going on. The joys of a cycle that things just keep contributing to! 🙂
All in all, nothing really “new” to report… the “new news” comes on the 22nd when we HOPEFULLY find out gender. Baby wasn’t cooperating last u/s, but this next one at the Perinatologist will be a very long, in-depth one.